POSITIONS AVAILABLE WITH FAMILY LEGACY
Family Legacy Counseling is expanding our services. We’re looking for a seasoned clinician with experience working with adults, providing both individual and couple therapy. This position as an independent contractor offers the opportunity to develop a private practice in an established team setting. We are a counseling group practicing from a Christian perspective and a biblical worldview. The ideal candidate should be one of like mind, and a licensed clinician who possesses excellent professional training, experience and clinical skills, along with the values of compassion and integrity in dealing with patients.
Well-established in the Des Moines metro area, Family Legacy Counseling has provided mental health services from a Christian perspective for the past 25 years. The practice has high name recognition in central Iowa, in the church community, in the local medical and counseling professions, as well as in the community at large. Our referral base is solid, drawing from a wide area of the Des Moines metro area and surrounding communities in central Iowa.
While we’re a group of independent practitioner clinicians with a variety of backgrounds and training, we share a common faith and enjoy working together as colleagues. As a group practice, we value the benefits of consultation and camaraderie, and prioritize a work environment characterized by supportive relationships. Our staff encourage one another in our individual endeavors of speaking, writing, and church and community involvement. And, in addition, we often partner together in presentations offered to the community.
- Provide outpatient counseling, including individual, group, couples, premarital, adolescent and family therapy
- Provide direct clinical service delivery consistent with best practice standards
- Offer clinical consultation to parents, extended family, teachers and other adult caregivers as needed
- Develop and grow clinical practice through consultation and networking with pastors, physicians, schools
- Perform psychological and psychoeducational evaluations (optional)
- Conduct formal clinical assessments of newly admitted clients
- Develop and oversee the of implementation of treatment plans.
- Ability to offer limited evening hours
Minimum Education: Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology or related field OR Master’s degree in a clinical discipline (i.e., clinical or counseling psychology, clinical social work, marriage and family therapy).
Minimum Licensure Requirements: Licensed as a PSY. D, LISW, LMHC, or LMFT. Pre-licensed individuals will be considered.
Qualified candidates wanting more information may contact our office at (515) 727-1338 and ask to speak with Dr. Joel Ashby.